Elizabeth A. Garreau, MD, FACOG
Dr. Elizabeth Garreau has been practicing gynecology and obstetrics for more than 20 years. While she loves helping new moms achieve trouble-free pregnancies and welcome healthy babies, she knows that a woman’s concerns sometimes extend beyond her reproductive health.
Dr. Garreau has a particular interest in helping patients with fibroids, menopausal issues and abnormal pap smears. She says, “OB/GYN is the only specialty that combines primary care -- seeing patients regularly during different phases of their lives -- with surgery, which is so satisfying because you can fix problems instead of just managing them. Seeing how a procedure or treatment has changed a patient’s life, stopped their pain or bleeding, or enabled them to have a child, is very special. We can make such differences in our patients' lives!”
Dr. Garreau is married and enjoys outdoor activities. She is an avid scuba diver and budding underwater photographer. She is a tandem cyclist who actively cycles with her husband around the scenic Virginia area. In addition, she is interested in cooking gourmet foods and she is knowledgeable about wine.
- Medical School: UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (formerly Rutgers Medical School)
- OB/GYN Residency: Washington Hospital Center Washington, DC 1986 to 1990
Licensure & Board Certifications
- Virginia License
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology 1993, Recertified 2001 and 2008
- Fellow, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow, The American College of Surgeons
- Virginia Medical Society
- Medical Society of Northern Virginia
Academic & Administrative Appointments
- Preceptor, Georgetown University Medical School, Ambulatory Care Elective
- Management of Abnormal Pap Smears