Costanza Rutland, MD, FACOG
“I value the partnerships and relationships that I develop with my patients through every facet of womanhood, from puberty to pregnancy or infertility concerns and on through menopause. I see it as an honor to act as their medical guide through these exciting changes.”
Dr Rutland is a board certified Ob/Gyn. She completed her medical education at Howard University, College of Medicine, where she received recognition for excellence in Ob/Gyn and surgical sub-specialties. She completed her Ob/Gyn residency at Loma Linda University Medical Center in Southern California. Her clinical interests, in addition to general obstetrics and gynecology, high risk obstetrics, minimally invasive surgery, urogynecology, and cosmetic gynecology.
Dr. Rutland is known not only for providing top quality of care, but also personalized and compassionate care for her patients.
In Dr Rutland's spare time you can find her with a pair of knitting needles creating blankets and scarves. She has a green thumb and likes to get dirty in the garden. Her prized tomatoes and hot peppers are usually the basis for her famous salsa. Ask for a jar, she is proud to share.
Dr Rutland, once a reigning Mid Atlantic Hand Dancing Champion, loves to hand dance or go bowling on the weekends. Watch out for her wicked curve ball.
- Medical School: Howard University
- OB/GYN Residency: Loma Linda University Medical Center
Licensure & Board Certifications
- Virginia License
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow, American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- National Medical Association
Awards and Publications
- Patients' Choice Award 2011
- Patients' Choice Award 2012
- Patients' Choice Award 2013
- Compassionate Physician Award 2012
- Vaginal Rejuvenation®
- Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation® (LVR®)
- G-Spot Amplification (G-Shot)